In recent months, Google has introduced several exciting additions to Android 14, including this: You can now make your unique wallpaper with the help of Generative AI with words on your phone, known as Android 14 AI Wallpaper Generator.
This works on the new phones coming soon, the Pixel 8 and the Pixel 8 Pro, which are all about using intelligent computer tricks. A live demo of a tool that lets you create AI-generated wallpapers.
This new tool resembles Adobe’s New AI Image Generator tool, which you’ve probably tried before. But Google has set it up so it only makes pictures just the right size and looks best as backgrounds on Android phones.
When we asked Google about it, they mentioned that this feature is coming to the Pixel 8 series first, but they didn’t provide more details. We’ve got those phones and have made some AI wallpapers for you!
You can see our creations below.
How to Use the Android 14 AI Wallpaper Generator: A Step-by-Step Guide
We created These images entirely using AI, which Google has introduced as a new feature.
Android Authority has created all the wallpapers you see here, so the credit goes to them. They look so amazing that you can easily use them for wallpaper on every Android phone.
If you want to download any of these wallpapers, we will provide a link below, and the ones above are in a compressed version so that you can download the HD version.
A significant amount of computing power is required to make wallpapers like these.
While phones generated images on the device in the past, this feature depends on Google’s computing resources. But Google’s computers do the heavy lifting to create these images; you download what Google produces.
Naturally, this implies that you’ll require an active data connection. But once you’ve created, downloaded, and set the wallpaper as your background, you won’t need a data connection unless you create another one.
How to make your own AI wallpapers in Android 14
As we mentioned earlier, the creation of AI wallpapers has not been introduced in other mobile phones. This feature has been brought to the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro.
Google has not provided a specific date for this feature’s introduction in other mobile phones, and other mobile companies haven’t mentioned it either.
However, we can say that this feature may be made available on all mobile phones very soon. This is because, at present, most phones are not running Android 14, apart from the Pixel 8.
So, it’s possible that as Android 14 becomes more widespread, this feature will also be rolled out alongside it.
However, the steps below are only relevant to the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro.
Generate AI wallpapers on Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 pro
To use the Android 14 AI wallpaper generator, follow these steps:
- Long-press on an empty spot on your home screen to open the Wallpaper & Style menu.
- Tap on the “More Wallpapers” button.
- Choose “AI Wallpaper” at the top of the menu.
- Select a category for your wallpaper (imaginary, mineral, painting, etc.).
- Pick your prompts (depending on the style chosen in the previous step).
- Swipe left or right to browse through the options.
- Tap the checkmark in the top right corner to set your favorite as your phone’s wallpaper.
Since there are many AI features in the Google Pixel 8 for the upcoming Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro have been introduced, which we have outlined below.
- Summarize Feature: On the Pixel 8 Pro, the recorder app will soon have a Summarize feature that can turn your recorded audio into concise bullet points. This is expected to arrive in December.
- Gboard Smart Replies: The Pixel 8 Pro will benefit from an improved, on-device Language Model (LLM) to provide higher-quality Gboard Smart Replies with better conversational awareness in the coming months.
- Zoom Enhance: The Pixel 8 Pro will employ a generative AI image model to intelligently enhance images by filling in gaps between pixels and predicting fine details. This feature, like sci-fi, will allow you to focus on specific elements in your photos even after capturing them.
- Call Screen with Contextual Replies: Call Screen will soon offer contextual reply options like “Confirm” or “Cancel appointment.” It will also make its way to the Pixel Watch and Pixel Watch 2 in a later update.
- Assistant with Bard: Google plans to introduce Assistant with Bard for Pixel 8 users. This feature will also become available for iOS and select testers shortly.
- Fitbit Integration: Fitbit is working on using generative AI to provide personalized coaching and dynamic workout recommendations. This will launch in the coming year, with priority access for Pixel phone owners.
- Home Event Summaries: Gen AI will summarize home events in the Google Home app, providing a quick and easy overview of recent happenings using bullet points. Subscribers can look forward to these experimental features in the next year.
Overall, Google is bringing AI enhancements to various aspects of the Pixel experience, including text summarization, image enhancement, and voice transcription.