Google’s most popular apps include the main elements of Material You, but other aspects are being added using Docs, Sheets, Slides and the new toggle design.
Material 3 is more significant and more like a pill because the whole container has been shaped this way. According to Google
- M2: The thumb of a switch is circular and extends beyond the track’s edge.
- M3: The track of switches is taller and broader, with new colour mappings and the ability to hold icons in the switch thumb.
Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides all use the switch in the editor’s Overflow menu for Print layout, suggested changes, Available offline, Star, and Other. The circle grows from the on to the off state by leveraging the optional icon (checkmark).
It’s smaller than the toggle in System Settings for Android 12/13 and is now just as wide.
- Accessibility: A visual presentation is easier to understand
- Colour: The new colour mappings are compatible with dynamic colour and meet non-text-contrast needs.
- Icons: Optional icon in the switch thumb
- Layout: The track is more comprehensive and taller
It’s in partial view because the menu disappears quickly after you make a selection. This change is not available in Settings or any other app.
Version 1.22.442.03.90 is available for Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. In addition, the Material You toggle has been rolled out. As part of the Material, You redesign, Google’s app will use this new element in its settings.
I like this site its a master peace ! Glad I discovered this on google .