Making purchases and paying for subscriptions online is now entirely accepted and is among the most convenient ways to do this.
Google allows you to create and save the details of credit and debit cards saved within the account of your Google Account (Source), so you can access that information wherever you travel.
The most important thing about this is managing payment options in the Google Account, whether adding or removing the methods.
This is how you can do it.
Benefits of adding credit and debit cards to your Google Account
Making payments online is a common aspect of life.
Instead of adding your payment options to a single site, including one to Google Account, Google Account has a few other advantages.
For example, the payment methods you connect to your account can follow you through most Google apps. You can join subscriptions or enable auto-filling for payment within Google Chrome and Google Chrome, along with specific applications.
You also give yourself a greater degree of security when you use Google Pay.
Certain cards used online may be assigned a virtual number, which is more difficult to trace back to the actual card data.
In addition, cards that are linked in Google Accounts Google Account can be easily integrated into GPay on Android to make it easy to use in-store contactless transactions.
The general rule is that including payment details on the details of your Google Account can make online purchasing and electronic payments more convenient, which isn’t always a good thing.
To clarify, this guide doesn’t go in-depth about the process of adding and removing payment options on GPay because the app is designed for contactless payments.
Think of payment methods inside Google Account as a way to think of Google Account as the parent of GPay payment methods.
Payment methods added in Google Accounts Google Account serve a few different functions.
How do you add payment methods to your Google Account?
There are several ways to connect payment information to the Google Account. You can do this using a computer with Google Chrome or your mobile device using the Google application for Android.
Here’s how you can integrate payment methods into the Google Account:
On Chrome for desktop
- On your PC, open the browser Google Chrome.
- In the upper-right corner of the Google Search page, click on the top-right corner of the page, and then click profile photo.
- Click Control the details of your Google Account.
- To the top, select Payments and Subscriptions.
- First, press Manage payment methods.
- Select the Add Payment Method button and choose between a debit or credit card.
- Input the necessary information to either.
- Follow the steps to authorize the payment method.
- For your Android device, you can open it and then open the Google application.
- On the application, click on your profile picture.
- Click the Manage button to control the Google Account you have created. Google Account.
- Explore the sections and search for subscriptions and payments.
- Select to add payment methods.
- Select an existing credit card, or click the plus icon to display the message that directs you to a debit or credit card.
- You can scan the card using the camera or fill in the information manually.
- Fill in the details required to complete either.
- Follow the steps below to authorize the payment method.
Whatever method you choose to incorporate an option for payment, you may need to follow certain steps specific to the bank linked to the card.
The last couple of steps are straightforward and shouldn’t take any time. Banks can take a little time before they can authorize credit or debit cards; however, it shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes.
Remove payment methods from your Google Account.
On desktops or mobile devices, removing payment methods could be as simple as adding these.
It is possible to take this action if a card expires, you have lost one and need a replacement, or you don’t need the service any longer.
If any of those events occur, you should take these steps to eliminate any way to make payments off Your Google Account:
- Find the account you’d like to get rid of on the Payments and subscriptions page of the Google app or in Google’s payment centers online.
- On the desktop, select remove from the Payment Method. On Android, you need to tap the card and then click the three dots menu on the right, followed by the option to remove the Payment Method.
- Verify removal.
After you’ve done this, you’ll be required to sign up for these cards again if you want to use them via Chrome or GPay or perhaps Google Wallet in the future. The removal process isn’t lasting unless it is canceled through your banking institution.
The management of the payment process
Finally, there’s another page that can help those who have active subscriptions with the help of their Google Account. The page you’re looking for is that of the Activities section within the Activity section of your Google Account. You can see the date that charges were incurred and the amount they were for.
This page will provide you with Google subscriptions and transactions made via Play services. For example, app purchases will be displayed on this page.
This makes it simple to keep track of your spending within the app.
Overall, controlling your payment methods is an excellent practice as the bank and card accounts are subject to change and disappear.
Maintaining your Google Account up-to-date is safer and makes it easier to make payments online or with GPay as there’s less information to look through at the final.