iPhone 11 is one of the most advanced and feature-rich smartphones worldwide. However, if you’re an iPhone 11 user, There are some capabilities and features that you must know about that most iPhone users don’t know about.
For example, there may occur instances when your iPhone could freeze, and you might not be able to perform any task with iPhone 11. iPhone 11. In such situations, you must know how to reset your iPhone and go into DFU and Recovery modes.
This article will go over the most important tasks you can accomplish using iPhone 11 buttons.
iPhone 11 Button Basics
Apple keeps introducing new features in software and terms of hardware. If you’ve upgraded from an earlier iPhone version to iPhone 11 and you be able to notice some significant modifications. When using iPhone 11, you will have both the volume buttons on the left.
There’s a side button to the right, and that’s all the buttons available on the iPhone 11. Unlike earlier iPhones, there’s no Home button, as the three buttons, Volume up and Volume down, and the side button is sufficient to fulfil all functions flawlessly.
How to Turn on iPhone 11?
To turn on the iPhone 11, you must press the Side button a few times. Then, the Apple logo shows up on the screen to confirm that your iPhone is powered on.
If you cannot notice the Apple logo on your screen, it might be because your iPhone 11 is out of battery. Thus, charge it and turn it on with the button on the sides one time. If it does not open, you can try the following steps.
- Hit the Volume Up button a few times and then quickly release it.
- Hold the Volume Down button for a second time and then release it quickly.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
This occurs after your iPhone 11 enters into DFU mode. The above steps are to exit DFU mode.
How to Turn off iPhone 11?
To shut off iPhone 11, you have to follow these steps.
- Hold and press the Side button and the Volume up or down button(Anyone). Hold them for as long as you see the “Slide To Power Off” option on display.
- Release the buttons and then right swipe to the “Slide To Power Off” option. It’s now time to shut down your iPhone 11 will shut down right now.
How to Trigger Emergency SOS on iPhone 11?
If you’re in trouble and require assistance from your family or friends relatives, it is possible to turn on the Emergency SOS option on your iPhone. First, however, you must have set up some contacts to be emergency contacts.
When you turn on the Emergency SOS option, the iPhone will text those emergency contacts, along with the location details. This can help them locate you and save you from the situation. These are the steps needed to activate the emergency SOS.
- Hold and press the Side button and the Volume either Up or Down button(Anyone). Continue holding them until you see the display “Emergency SOS” option.
- Press the button, then swipe across the “Emergency SOS” option, and you’ll see a timer that you can choose to cancel the emergency service.
After the timer is completed, your emergency contacts will be notified of text messages containing your current location.
How to Temporarily Disable Face ID on iPhone 11?
Some prefer fingerprint lock and even passcode lock and pattern instead of Face ID. If you’d like to deactivate Face ID on iPhone 11 temporarily by pressing iPhone buttons, follow these procedures to be followed.
- Press and hold the Side button, as well as the Volume button.
- Click on the Cancel button located at the lower right of the iPhone 11 screen.
How to Hard Reset the iPhone 11?
If the iPhone 11 is malfunctioning, it is becoming slow and hangs often, and you might need to reset the iPhone 11. Resetting your iPhone hard iPhone 11 means your iPhone is forced to restart your iPhone 11. This is not a factory reset, where the entire firmware and applications are deleted. This means that you are starting over with your iPhone. Here are the steps you can follow to hard reset your iPhone 11.
- Tap and release the Volume Up button.
- Tap and release the Volume Down button.
- Hold and tap the Side button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
If you hold the Side button in the above step, you will be presented with the “Slide To Power Off” option, as well as the emergency SOS option. It is best to ignore the screen and press the Side button until it is entirely black and then show the Apple logo.
How to Get Into Recovery Mode on iPhone 11?
If your iPhone is damaged after updating to fresh firmware, you must take your iPhone 11 into recovery mode to restore it to the previous backup version saved to iTunes. These are instructions to follow to go into recovery Mode on iPhone 11.
- Attach to connect your iPhone 11 to your computer using a Lightning cable. Your computer must have the most recent version of iTunes.
- After connecting your iPhone 11 to your computer, launch iTunes on your PC.
- Reset your hard drive on your iPhone 11 by the steps described in the preceding section.
- Continue to hold the Side button until your iPhone 11 restarts until you get to a recovery Mode screen. After you see the “Connect to iTunes” screen, release the Side button.
- Choose your iPhone from iTunes from your PC. Then, you will get a notification that says the iPhone was put into Recovery Mode. After that, you’ll be able to back up your iPhone to its earlier version.
If you wish to leave the recovery mode on iPhone 11, you have to hold the side button and wait until “Connect to iTunes” disappear on the screen. After that, your iPhone will restart into iOS.
How to Get Into DFU Mode on iPhone 11?
In the beginning, you must reset your iPhone if your iPhone cannot respond and freezes. If the issue isn’t solved, go into Recover mode and restore it using iTunes. Even if the issue isn’t solved, you must go in DFU mode. DFU mode is helpful when you are in a situation where the iOS update process fails or jailbreaking your iPhone is not working. These are the steps to get into DFU mode.
- Attach the iPhone to your computer using a Lightning cable.
- Start iTunes on your computer, and your iPhone should show up on your iTunes.
- Press the Volume Up button, then press the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button, and your iPhone screen will turn black.
- Release the Side button, then hold the Side and Volume Down buttons for about five minutes.
- Release the Side button, but continue pressing Volume Down and wait for five minutes until iTunes displays DFU Recovery Mode has been enabled.
After that, restore your iPhone to iTunes to the factory settings. The iPhone will automatically restart after the restoration process is completed and then reboot normally.
We’ve provided all the ways you can utilize the iPhone 11 buttons to turn on, shut off, or hard restore your iPhone. In addition, you can enable emergency SOS and temporarily deactivate Face ID. We have also explained the steps to use the buttons to diagnose the iPhone 11 issues, such as when an update to iOS fails. Make sure you follow the steps carefully to achieve the desired outcome.
Aizaz was the first person to get a byline on his blog on technology from his home in Bannu in 2017. Then, he went on to a career in breaking things professionally at my electric sparks which is where he eventually took over the kit as a hardware editor. Today, as the senior editor of hardware for my electric sparks, he spends time reporting about the most recent developments in the hardware industry and technology. If he’s not reporting on hardware or electronics, you’ll see him trying to be as remote from the world of technology as possible through camping in the wild.