It happens more frequently than we think. Apple TVs are more difficult because all their features are tied to them. This problem can be solved. This article will show you how to connect your Apple TV to Wi-Fi without the remote.
Remote Control of iOS Control Center
To operate your Apple TV, you will need a remote controller. This is a fact that you can’t ignore. There are no physical buttons on the TV. You can only turn the TV on and off by unplugging it and then plugging it in again. However, that is not very useful. Apple offers a solution. However, you will need an Ethernet cable and another iOS device.
The Remote Control app will already be on your Apple TV if you have previously connected your iPod touch or iPhone. These steps will help you set up your Apple TV if you don’t have the latest iOS or iPadOS version.
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Click on Control Center.
- Tap on Customize Controls and then tap + on Apple TV Remote.
Once you have the Remote Control installed on your device, you will need to connect your Apple TV to your iOS device’s network. Connect your Apple TV’s Ethernet cable to its back, and then connect it to your Wi-Fi router. After the device is connected to the network, follow these steps:
- Open the control center of your device. You can access the control center if you have an iPhone X, iPad X, or an iPad with the latest OS version. To do this, swipe down from the upper left of your screen. If you don’t have an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper right of your screen.
- Please tap on the Apple TV Remote Icon to locate it.
- Tap on the icon to locate your Apple TV or the name of your Smart TV.
- You will see a passcode of four digits depending on the model of your Apple TV. Enter the passcode on your iOS device if it appears on your TV’s screen. You will need to enter the passcode on your TV if the passcode appears on your iOS device. Enter the numeric code using your Smart TV’s remote.
Now you have a remote control that you can use for manually setting up Wi-Fi connections. This can be done by:
- Use your iOS to open the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to Network
- Select Wi-Fi and wait for the Wi-Fi signal to arrive in your area.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and then, when prompted, enter the SSID.
- Select Done and then OK.
- If you don’t see your network name, you can manually enter it by selecting Other.
- Please enter the Wi-Fi name.
- Select Done and then enter your SSID when prompted. Select Done, then click OK.
Now you can remove the Ethernet cable at the back of your Apple TV or Wi-Fi Router. Your iOS device can be used as a substitute remote.
Use an Alternate Apple Remote
You can also use an Apple TV remote to control your Apple TV. Hold the Menu button and left arrow for six seconds while unlinking your remote from the old Apple TV. If the remote icon that appeared on the TV screen paired with your remote is gone, it means it has not been linked.
For pairing the remote with your Apple TV, press the Menu and right buttons for six seconds. The remote icon will appear on your TV to indicate that it has been paired. This remote can be used to set up Wi-Fi using the instructions below.
An Alternative That Works
Although losing a remote can be annoying, it renders your Apple TV remote practically inoperable. This problem can be solved so that you have an alternative in case it happens.