Cinewhoop drones are lightweight and small enough to fly indoors. These drones can also be used for floating steady-cam shots.
The images look similar to previous renders, but they also show a very different design from DJI’s current range. DJI drones are usually grey, but the photos show a drone with black plastic bodies and are typical of current cinewhoop drones.
The DJI logos still appear on the front camera module. DJI may be preparing to enter a niche market.
These leaked images don’t reveal the main features DJI could bring to cinewhoop drones. They show a drone with a large battery and a small tiltable camera. It is not clear if the latter is used for video recording or to send a feed to FPV glasses.
The device still looks intriguing and is a great all-in-one option for those who want to capture indoor video at events. If it follows the DJI trend in the months leading to the rumoured launch, we can expect more leaks.
Analysis: DJI looks to a niche but exciting, new airspace
For years, rumours have circulated about a DJI drone designed in cinewhoop fashion. The DJI Mini 3 Pro was recently launched by @OsitaLV, a frequent DJI commentator.
The most popular Cinewhoop drones are the ones in the 3-inch range. These drones are small enough for indoor flying but powerful enough to carry a decent camera.
The DJI Mini SE drone is currently the most affordable. The DJI Avata combines the DJI FPV and a cheaper drone like the Ryze Tello.
This would give the camera an entirely new look, which is quite different from the GoPro Hero 10 Black Bones. This camera was made for DIY tinkerers, the primary buyers of FPV drones (First Person View).
DJI Mavic 3 - Camera Drone with 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera, 5.1K Video, Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing,
About this item
- Imaging Above Everything – With a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera, the sensor provides a 12.8-stop dynamic range that retains more details in highlights and shadows, upgrading your work to a professional level.
- 46 Minutes of Flight Time – Stay in the air longer and capture more with a breathtaking max flight time of 46 minutes. This lets you get all the shots you want on just a single battery.
- Fly Safer – DJI Mavic 3 drone with camera is equipped with advanced Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing. This lets you fly confidently and safely wherever you are.
- Explore and Capture more – the DJI Mavic 3 drone offers a 15-kilometer max transmission range, which means you can fly farther to explore and capture more. And with the O3 Plus Transmission system, live feeds are smooth and stable.
- Smart Return to Home – With a new Advanced RTH system, Mavic 3 camera drone can return to its home point on a fast, safe, and optimized route. Whether activated by low battery or the pilot, getting the quadcopter drone back to you during flight is easier than ever.